FUTURE IN MIND
Erewash Voluntary Action is working as part of the Future in Mind partnership in Erewash. Future in Mind is a government plan to help ensure that by 2020 children and young people are able to achieve positive emotional health by having access to high quality local provision as well as a range of support enabling self-help, recovery and wellbeing.
Erewash Voluntary Action is responsible for:
· Mapping voluntary and community groups that provide activities and opportunities for children and young people in Erewash.
· Identifying training needs of community and voluntary groups to help develop skills and understanding of mental health before issues and symptoms escalate.
· Organising mental health awareness training in children and young people to train leaders to become mental health friendly.
· Signposting and providing information to all organisations about groups and activities for children and young people.
· Organising the Erewash Children and Young People’s Wellbeing Network quarterly meeting to which any group or organisation can attend that are providing services for children and young people.
· Organising volunteer passport training for young people identified as potential volunteers.
For further details about Future in Mind contact either
Stella Scott – Chief Executive or
Catriona Paterson – Development Worker